Skip navigation
Oil lamp, late 19th century - early 20th century
Unknown

Morocco; Amazigh (Berber), Kabyle
Terracotta, H: 17 3/4 in, W: 12 1/2 in, D: 7 1/2 in
Gift of Dr. Harry G. Friedman and The Jewish Museum, 2010   2010.48.2
Not On View
Provenance: The oil lamp, along with another oil lamp and a double jug, were given to The Jewish Museum by Harry G. Friedman and accessioned by the museum in 1957. The museum mistakenly identified the work as a Hanukkah lamp. All three works were offered to the Newark Museum after proper identification revealed it to have no Jewish ceremonial use.